- For persons between 6-7 can only practice, for persons between 7-9 may only compete after completing OLT
- Minimum age for this class is 9 years (the year that you turn 9 yrs.) and maximum age 12 year old (end of your 12th age year)
- Minimum age is the year of 12th birthday and maximum age is the end of your 15th year.
- Age is the year of 15th birthday and has no age limit
- Minimum is 15 years and has no age limit
Mechanic & Pit Crew
- Minimum age is 16 years, this is NOT a competition licence. This licence is also mandatory for grid entrance.
- For applying for new licence you must be a member of a club and must start at D or E grade.
- D grade licences must have “P” plates on for 4 meeting, E grade must also display “P” plates but E grade can only be used once for a meeting and unlimited for practice before upgrading (terms for other categories may be different).
- The type of licence dictates what classes you can compete in.
- For upgrading licences is free but renewal is paid annually
- prior competing a meeting first have to complete observed licence test (OLT) and safety training assessment
How to apply for a KA (Karting Australian)
- Go to KA website www.karting.net.au
- Go to Licences and Entries then New Licence Application.
- Fill in the prompts
- select the preferred class e.g. KA3
- Select the type of licence e.g. Senior
- Select “Tamworth Kart Racing Club”
- Attach photo e.g. Passport
- Select the applicable conditions then click the “Next” button.
- Complete the Medical Declaration page then click “Next” button
- Print out the final page “Apply for Competition Licence” which contains the application reference number
Documentation need (given to Membership Renewals Cathy Patterson)
- Application with reference number, signed by applicant – If under 18, a parent will need to sign
- Photo (like a passport) if not supplied via on-line application.
- Copy of Birth Certificate (if under 18) or Drivers Licence (if Over 18).
- Payment (credit card, direct deposit,
- Club membership form. TKRC Club Membership Form 2014 ← Click to Open All membership enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When this is done, the application can be processed and approved by Karting NSW